5 Things You've Never Tried Dipped in Our Creamy Tomatillo Dressing
Look, we’re not here to pick a fight with ranch dressing. We get it. It’s delicious. It’s velvety crisp. You can put it on chicken fingers or a club sandwich. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can eat it with a fox or in a box or in a pair of socks. It’s such a big commodity at a Dallas Pizzeria that they charge $1,000 for it. So yeah, we get the ranch dressing thing.
Lately we’ve been seeing ranch dressing in a lot of weird places where we’re not sure it belongs. Ranch dressing with fried pickles? (Ok, well this one is actually really good, so we’ll let it slide) Ranch dressing and macaroni and cheese? Ranch dressing flavored soda?
Frankly if your taste buds are feeling a bit restless and looking for something more daring, a better option would be our creamy tomatillo dressing, the world’s greatest Mexican dip. This stuff should be its own food group. Seriously, it rocks. It’s rich, smooth, and creamy. It has the perfect amount of jalapeno, cilantro, and our secret spices. It’s a taste sensation that will have your mouth watering in anticipation.
It’s perfect on our salads. But are you brave enough to try it on our quesadillas or burritos? How about our nachos? Don’t stop there though, there’s a whole world of taste out there beyond our authentic Mexican recipes, just waiting to be explored!
Here are some of our favorites that are guaranteed to give ranch a run for its money:
1. Garlic cheesy bread. This one is kind of a no-brainer. Delicious buttery, cheesy, garlic-y goodness dipped into creamy tomatillo? The real question is—why has no one ever thought of this before?
2. Chicken wings. Whether you like ‘em extra spicy or mild enough for your toddler to use as a pacifier, add a little kick of Rio Grande flavor.
3. Eggrolls. South of the border meets the Great Wall. Granted, the overall taste might be better if you go for one of the southwestern varieties of eggrolls (especially ones that are avocado-based), but either way it will be an international taste sensation you won’t soon forget.
4. Pizza. It’s like if Pancho Villa and Sofia Loren got together and had a Mexican-Italian love child. A beautiful, creamy, cheesy, tomato-saucy love child.
5. Donuts. We couldn’t resist. But you should. Because actually, this is really, really gross. Trust us. Just…don’t.
So the next time you decide to get a little adventurous with your culinary pairings, drop by Cafe Rio and order up some delicious creamy tomatillo to-go. You never know when you just might come up with the next taste sensation!